This is NOT The Turtle Trading Methods that
we use for the Stock Index futures markets!
Stock Indexes, in fact most “indexes” in general, simply do not trend
smoothly enough (in the medium term time frame that we use) in order to make
this approach profitable.
BALANCED TRADER trading technique is perfect for me as a Turtle Trader since
the trading method is almost just the opposite of what I normally do. As a Turtle Trader we are trend followers by training. A 'trend' is a market, which is moving either up or down - we don't care
which - for a significant period of time. The Turtle rules allow us to attempt to spot a
trend (these are not always obvious to the layman) and jump on board. We
then attempt to ride the wave until the trend has ended (the rules tell us when) at which
point we jump off the wave hopefully with profits.
That's the simple beauty of the Turtle trading method.
FUTURES TRADING IS RISKY AND INVOLVES RISK OF LOSS AS WELL AS THE POTENTIAL
At this point I want to
warn you about the numerous trading systems out there claiming to have the
ability to successfully trade Stock Index futures. The vast majority of systems simply do not work (on stock indexes, or
any other markets), which is why it is so difficult for me to ever consider any
system to trade leveraged instruments other than my old Turtle methods. This system, however, is so much different that I give it my overwhelming
recommendation. You must seriously
consider learning this approach if you want to diversify your existing trading
method, or if you are looking for a sound place to start when considering
trading Stock Index futures.
I had been looking for a system to trade both Stock Index futures and
individual common stocks for years.
My great mentor Richard Dennis told me we couldn't use the Turtle methods to profitably trade the Stock Index markets, I knew that was something that I just had to learn.And I would probably have to go somewhere else to do so.
Enter programmer extraordinaire Malcolm McNutt. A former associate member of the NFA and the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD), Malcolm holds three masters degrees and has been developing trading algorithms for years. He is a published author in Stocks and Commodities Magazine, and his work also appears in books on trading such as Trading Systems and Methods by Perry J. Kaufman.Malcolm and I actually met almost 25 years ago, playing Blackjack together in Atlantic City, and, because of our several common interests, we have stayed in touch on and off ever since.For what it’s worth, Malcolm McNutt is quite simply the most talented financial programmer that I have ever met in my life
If you want in-and-out day trading, you might as well stop reading right now.
THE BALANCED TRADER is a position trading system that trades the S&P, the Dow, and the NASDAQ on average about once a month. Granted, if you followed a couple of dozen stocks, and used THE BALANCED TRADER for your signals to trade all those issues, you would have plenty of trades, but this is still far from intra-day trading. You see the system is specifically designed to only capture short-term overbought and oversold conditions, which just don’t occur that often, and to be workable without staring at a computer screen all day.
I then simply apply THE BALANCED TRADER rules (there are approximately five, and they are all explained in an easy to understand format in the manual).If I am currently in the market with either a long or short position, and my exit rules have not been met, then I just check off THE BALANCED TRADER rules and I am done for the day. If I am not in the market and my entryrules have not been met, once again, I simply check THE BALANCED TRADER rules and I'm done for the day.
However, if I am in the market and my exit rules are triggered, or I am not in the market and my new entry rules are triggered, I simply make a quick phone call (or send a fax or e-mail) to my broker with the appropriate trading instructions for the next morning, and once again, I am done for the day.
If I am only trading one Stock Index such as the E-Mini S&P, and I am not using THE BALANCED TRADER to trade individual stocks, then I've spent about ten minutes on this whole procedure, and I am more or less done for the day. If I am trading individual stocks, depending on how many issues I follow, it may take just a few minutes longer. Then my day of work is over and the evening is mine to do with as I please.How does that sound?
More About the Trading
Here are a few indicators of what we do (and don't do)
try to predict the market. Nobody is clever enough to do that, no matter
what they say. And even if it were
possible, neither you nor I have eight hours each day to spare analyzing the
markets, studying press releases and following the worldwide news.
Using certain technical signals (what we call the entry rules), we learn to
spot overbought and oversold conditions. When these conditions emerge (up or
down) we leap on board.
I do not know how long any particular trade will continue, but we do limit
the amount of time we stay in a particular trade. And of course, we always have a stop loss in place, which is
a very small percentage of our total capital.
Please note that there is no guarantee that any stop loss order will be executed at the stop price. Therefore, there can be no guarantee that placing a stop order will limit losses or protect profit.
This Is What You Will Learn
- The Entry rules - after glancing at two chart indicators, you will immediately
know how to identify an emerging trade, and exactly when to get on board.
- The Exit rules - after glancing at two (other) chart indicators, you will
know when the move has finished, and exactly when to close your trade.
- How to handle your entire trading in less than one hour per day and one
single telephone call, everything else happens automatically for you. (On many days it
will only be 10 minutes or less).
- Why this unique system means you do not have to watch a flickering screen all
day or keep your eyes glued to the market. Remember, under one hour a day and
one phone call - that is all I do, and that is all you need to do.
- The specific rules for defining overbought and oversold conditions. Markets
tend to have a lot of sideways movement - we are usually not interested in that.
We only take action when the market indicators show it is time to enter or exit
- Why you shouldn't read newspapers, scour the financial press, join Internet
sites, or listen to tips, stories or rumors from anybody.
- Why you need to know nothing whatsoever about the fundamentals of the
market. We simply have not got the time or energy to spend studying these
things. You will look at 'close of day' price data only, and make your decisions
based on this simple information.
I Will Also Explain to You
- WHERE and WHEN to trade.
- HOW MUCH to trade for your account size.
- How to CONTROL your emotions.
- How to PLACE ORDERS and where to PUT YOUR STOPS.
- How long a trade should last.
- When your system might have losses.
- When you should take profits (please note the system could result in losses).
- How to 'dry test' the system without risking a single penny of your money. (Prove to your own satisfaction that this works BEFORE investing.)
- A statistically robust method.
- Exceptional EXECUTION TECHNIQUES.
- Why this system is perfect for busy people who do not have a lot of time to spare. This is not a full-time occupation.
You will Receive:
- THE BALANCED TRADER NOTEBOOK - The full dossier on the rules that make up this extraordinary yet simple system.All the rules are explained in detail.Each entry and exit method is reviewed in a step-by-step approach, indicating how the system was developed, and showing system performance along the way up through the completed system.
- One full Year of all Signals for the S&P, Dow, and NASDAQ (and their corresponding "minis") sent via email to you.
- THE BALANCED TRADER for your PC in TradeStation format. Don't worry if you do not have a computer. A computer is helpful, but this trading method does not require a computer to trade the system. And don’t worry if you do not use TradeStation, because you don’t need TradeStation to trade this method. (But if you do use TradeStation, then your job of trading the system takes only seconds per day.)
- My personal phone number & e-mail address for any and all questions you have after your purchase, for as long as we are both in the trading business.And I plan on being around for a long time.
- THE BALANCED TRADER to trade stocks. Not only can the system be used to trade Stock Index futures, but it can also be used on individual common stock issues as well.
- All of the Systems and Indicators in the TradeStation 8.0 format.
FUTURES TRADING IS RISKY AND INVOLVES RISK OF LOSS AS WELL AS THE POTENTIAL
Do not risk money that you cannot afford to lose. This method
cannot be guaranteed to make profits and
past performance is no guarantee of success. The Original
Turtle Trading System is a long term trading method requiring
patience and discipline.
THERE IS ONE GUARANTEE WE CAN MAKE:
TRADING IS HARDER THAN YOU THINK.
RUSSELL SANDS AND HIS AGENTS MAKE NO WARRANTY
AS TO LIKELY SUCCESS OR OTHERWISE.